Minimum Computer Specifications
To ensure the best experience possible, please make sure your computer meets or exceeds these system specifications. If you have questions regarding your computer, feel free to call Support at (800) 860-3241
- 4th generation (4000 series) Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 and newer or AMD equivalent (Check your Computer Hardware)
- 4GB of Memory (RAM)
- Intel HD Graphics 3000 or better - Minimum supported screen resolution 1024x768
- Hardware Acceleration is required to render the graphics so the use of virtualization technologies (i.e. VMware, Parallels, etc) is currently not supported when using the Digital Clinical Experience.
- Windows (64-bit version)
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- macOS (three latest versions)
- 10.12 (Sierra)
- 10.13 (High Sierra)
- 10.14 (Mojave)
All software should be up to date. Older software may not work properly with the Shadow Health DCE assignments.
General System Specifications
- Minimum 3 Mbps download connection (5 or more is recommended) (Check your network speed)
The Shadow Health Digital Clinical Experience performs best when directly connected to the internet. Due to the number of variables introduced when connecting to the DCE using VPN (Virtual Private Network) internet connections, users may experience extended assignment load times.
Speech to Text
- Google Chrome
- Microphone (most laptops and all Apple computers have a built in microphone)
- A course that has the Speech to Text feature enabled.
Shadow Health’s Digital Clinical Experiences require the use of a computer monitor, keyboard, and mouse or touchpad. It is our goal to support alternative input modalities to improve accessibility for all users. However, if you are currently unable to use the DCE due to a visual or motor impairment, please contact the Shadow Health Learner Support team.
Tina Jones™ presents auditory and visual information representative of a human patient. To address auditory accessibility, when Tina Jones speaks, her speech is presented as both audio and text displayed at the bottom of the screen, except in instances where the textual representation would distinguish physical findings (e.g. textual descriptions of breathing sounds). If you require a transcription of these instances due to an auditory impairment, please contact the Shadow Health Learner Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The normal and abnormal sounds within the concept labs are medically accurate, and are produced at a frequency lower than what most laptop speakers are capable of delivering. To hear these sounds, we strongly recommend that you use a pair of external speakers or headphones to hear the bass frequencies.
The following devices and operating systems are not supported on the Shadow Health platform.
- iOS devices (iPhones and iPads)
- Android devices (phones and tablets)
- Linux/GNU based operating systems