Shadow Health is committed to maintaining a high level of accessibility for all of our products.
Attached to this article are PDFs of our most recent self-assessment of WCAG 2.0 conformance as well as our most recent VPAT. The VPAT is a standardized self-assessment against the current U.S. Section 508 standards (29 U.S.C. § 794d). In 2017 the United States Access Board issued a "refresh" of Section 508 which aligns with the WCAG 2.0 standard. In March 2018, ITI followed with the finalization of the VPAT 2.1 for self-assessment of Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 guidelines. We are currently in the process of evaluating with VPAT 2.1.
We use the WCAG 2.0 Level AA standard as guidance in developing accessible products and regularly audit our products. Guidelines we employ include:
- Self-paced content, with no constraints on time
- Use of keyboard controls so that a pointing device is not required and/or alternative input devices may be used
- Presentation of content in multiple modalities, e.g. visual and auditory presentation of the same information
- Integration with assistive technologies such as screen readers
- Using colorblind-friendly palettes and avoiding the use of color alone to convey information
Our products incorporate traditional static and dynamic web content, as well as novel browser-based interactive 3D graphics using the Unity game engine. The latter technology is not adequately addressed by existing accessibility standards or browser-based assistive technologies. As interactive 3D graphics technologies proliferate on the web, we are investing in ways to close these gaps. We are currently able to provide workarounds for users who are unable to experience this content as intended. Please contact our support team if this service is required for your institution.