This lesson is designed to check in with your students after they interact with a digital standardized patient. You will get a clear sense of your students’ developing clinical communication skills.Download DCE Debrief Teaching Template
Our example discussion questions are based upon the 3D Model of Debriefing (Zigmont, Kappus, & Sukidoff, 2011). They are written for Tina Jones’s Health History assignment and can be modified for any patient case. You can find them in the downloadable Teaching Template above.
- Coordination and integration of care
- Information, communication, and education
- Analyze strategies that empower patients in all aspects of the health care process
- Integrate principles of effective communication with knowledge of quality and safety competencies
- Describe the process of reflective practice
Teamwork & Collaboration
- Analyze own strengths, limitations, and values
- Analyze differences in communication style preferences among patients
DCE Debrief Tutorial
Our Instructional Design and Training team is here to help! We collaborate with nursing instructors on pedagogically sound practice with the Digital Clinical Experience (DCE). We strive to ensure assignments align with research-backed standards and quality education practices.